1. What is 3D printing filament?
3D printing filament is the material used in 3D printers to create objects layer by layer. It comes in various materials, such as plastics, metals, and composites, depending on the desired properties of the final print.
2. What materials do you offer for 3D printing filament?
We offer a wide range of materials, including PLA, ABS, PETG, TPU, nylon, ASA, and more. Each material has unique characteristics suited for different applications.
3. Can you explain the differences between PLA and ABS filament?
PLA is a biodegradable, easy-to-print material with lower heat resistance. ABS is more durable and heat-resistant but can emit fumes during printing. The choice depends on your specific project requirements.
4. What is the ideal printing temperature for your filament materials?
Printing temperatures vary by material. Refer to our product specifications for recommended temperatures and settings for each filament type.
5. Is your filament compatible with my 3D printer?
Our filaments are compatible with most popular 3D printer models. Check our compatibility list on our product webpages or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for specific recommendations.
6. Do you provide sample spools for testing before purchasing a larger quantity?
Yes, we offer sample spools for most of our filament materials to allow customers to test the quality and suitability for their needs. Most spools are free and you are responsible for shipping.
7. What colors are available for your filament?
We offer a wide variety of colors, including standard and specialty options. Our color selection can be found on our website. We also provide custom colors upon request and are subject to minimum order quantities.
8. Are your filaments eco-friendly or biodegradable?
Some of our filaments, such as PLA, are biodegradable and eco-friendly. Others, like ABS, are not biodegradable but are recyclable.
9. How should I store 3D printing filament to maintain its quality?
To prevent moisture absorption and maintain filament quality, store it in a cool, dry place, and consider using airtight containers or desiccant packs.
10. Can I mix different filament colors to create custom shades?
Yes, you can mix and blend filaments to create custom colors. Experimentation is encouraged, but consistency in mixing ratios is key for uniform results.
11. What is the shelf life of your filament?
The shelf life varies by material, but when stored properly, most filaments can last for several years without degrading in quality.
12. Are your filaments food-safe?
Some of our materials are certified food-safe from a raw material perspective. However, food-contact can lead to bacterial growth within pores that are formed when 3D printing plastics. Always check product descriptions for suitability.
13. What certifications or safety standards do your filaments meet?
Our filaments may meet various industry standards. Check product descriptions or contact us for specific certifications for each material.
14. Can I use your filament for functional, load-bearing parts?
Yes, we offer materials suitable for functional and load-bearing parts, such as nylon, PETG, and ABS, which provide strength and durability.
15. Do you offer specialty filaments, such as flexible, glow-in-the-dark, or conductive materials?
We currently do not provide specialty filaments, as such. Nevertheless, in 2024 we are planning to release TPU, glow-in-the-dark, and conductive filaments.
16. What is the price range for your 3D printing filament?
Pricing varies by material and quantity. Our most affordable material is Recycled PLA at $20/kg. Our most expensive material is High Temperature Polyamide, at $100/kg. Visit our website or contact us for detailed pricing information.
17. Do you have any bulk purchasing or wholesale options?
Yes, we offer bulk purchasing and wholesale options. Please reach out to our sales team (email@example.com) for more information and discounts on large orders.
18. Are there any recommended print settings for your filament?
Yes, we provide recommended print settings in our product documentation to help you achieve the best results. Details are available on their specified product pages.
19. How strong and durable are parts printed with your filament?
The strength and durability of printed parts depend on the filament material. Our technical specifications provide details on mechanical properties. Each material’s technical specifications are available on their product pages.
20. Can your filament be post-processed (sanded, painted, etc.)?
Yes, our filaments can be post-processed to achieve desired finishes. Sanding, painting, and other techniques are compatible with many of our materials.
21. What is the diameter tolerance of your filament?
Our filaments are manufactured with tight diameter tolerances, typically within ±0.03mm, to ensure reliable printing.
22. Is your filament made from recycled or virgin materials?
Our filaments are primarily made from high-quality virgin materials, ensuring consistent performance and quality. Nevertheless, we have a few select recycled filament options.
23. Do you offer any fire-resistant or flame-retardant filament options?
Yes, our ASA is VB flame-retardant rated.
24. Can I return or exchange filament if I'm not satisfied with the quality?
We have a return and exchange policy in place. Please review our terms and contact our customer service (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance.
25. What is the lead time for orders and shipping options?
Lead times and shipping options depend on your location and the quantity ordered. In general, we strive to get our orders out next day; however, during higher volume periods, it can take up to 5 business days to ship an order.
26. Do you provide technical support for customers experiencing printing problems?
Yes, our technical support team is available to assist customers with any printing issues they encounter. Please contact us at email@example.com, or 2503639401.
27. What makes your filament stand out compared to competitors?
Our filament is known for its consistent quality, wide material selection, and excellent customer support. We continuously strive for innovation and quality improvement.
28. Are there any special precautions I should take when using your filament (e.g., ventilation)?
For certain materials, like ABS, adequate ventilation is recommended due to fumes produced during printing. Check product guidelines for specific precautions.
29. Can I use your filament for creating prototypes and functional parts?
Yes, our filament is suitable for both prototyping and functional parts, offering versatility for various applications.
30. Are there any guidelines for disposing of unused or expired filament?
Unused filament can be stored for future use, while expired or unusable portions can be disposed of with your regular household garbage.
31. Can I use your filament for 3D printing in high-temperature environments?
Yes, we offer filaments designed for high-temperature applications, like Polyamide High Temperature Carbon Fiber, which are suitable for extreme conditions (-45°C – 135°C).
32. Do you offer any conductive or electrostatic dissipative (ESD) filament options?
Not currently. We next year.
33. Are your filament spools compatible with my 3D printer's spool holder?
Our filament spools are designed to fit standard spool holders, ensuring compatibility with most 3D printers. Our cardboard spools are designed to fit the Bambu AMS system. If you are having troubles printing with the cardboard spools using AMS consider the following fixes:
- Use a refill spool instead
- Use electrical tape and tape the edges of the spools down
- Print out the following edge-brace: https://www.printables.com/model/341585-matter3d-cardboard-spool-ring-for-bambu-lab-ams
34. How do I maintain proper storage conditions for your filament to prevent moisture absorption?
Store filament in airtight containers or vacuum-sealed bags with desiccant packs to prevent moisture absorption.
35. Can you provide recommendations for print speed, layer height, and infill settings?
Yes, our product documentation on the product page includes recommended settings for different materials to achieve optimal results.
36. What kind of testing or quality control do you perform on your filament?
We conduct rigorous quality control tests to ensure consistent filament quality, including diameter consistency, strength, and durability. We use inline monitors to physically measure the filament diameter as it comes off the line. When an out of tolerance portion of the filament is detected, the entire roll is recycled. All of this data is stored.
37. Can your filament be used for creating functional, waterproof, or airtight parts?
Some of our filaments, like ASA, ABS, and Nylon, can be used to create parts that are functional, waterproof, or airtight when printed correctly.
41. What is the maximum print size achievable with your filament?
The maximum print size is only limited by your imagination and more importantly, your 3D printer's specifications. Check your printer's documentation for size limitations.
43. Can I use your filament for educational purposes or in a classroom setting?
Our filaments are suitable for educational and classroom use, encouraging creativity and learning through 3D printing.
44. How can I reach your customer support or technical team for assistance?
You can contact our customer support and technical teams through our website, email, or phone. We are here to help with any questions or issues. You can reach us at, firstname.lastname@example.org or 2503639401.
45. Can I order custom colors or materials that are not listed on your website?
We offer custom material and color options for bulk orders. Please contact our sales team to discuss your specific needs (email@example.com).
47. What are the benefits of using your filament for rapid prototyping?
Our filament is ideal for rapid prototyping due to its wide material selection and the ability to quickly iterate and test designs.
48. Can I receive notifications or updates on new filament releases and promotions?
You can subscribe to our newsletter or follow us on social media to receive updates on new filament releases and promotions.
49. Do you offer educational discounts for schools and universities?
We offer educational discounts to institutions for bulk orders and educational initiatives. Contact our sales team for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org).
50. Can you assist with recommendations for 3D printing settings for specific applications or industries?
Our technical team is available to provide recommendations for specific applications and industries, helping you achieve the best results. Please contact us at email@example.com